10.19.2009

The unknown side of Burley

This past weekend Jason and I went to Burley to keep looking for a home. We also went golfing Saturday morning and had a lot of fun. It was the best I've ever done, although still not good enough to keep score, but I had a lot of awesome hits. I really enjoyed it and had a lot of fun with Jason. He is awesome at everything he does and I like it when he teaches how to do something he loves. I'm still working on my posture. But Jase said I have a really good swing. I was getting so into and so proud of myself it was funny. 

This is the Bad swing:
And this is the good one:




The unknown Burley story. So friday we went with Carla (our realtor) to look at a couple houses. We got out of our cars at this cute white house and the old neighbor guy was outside and came up to us really oddly and told us there was no way we were going in there at least till the end of the month and that his daughters things were still in there. So carla called the actual realtor of the house and asked about it. 

She told us and Carla to not go in there and to stay away from the old guy. She said he was crazy and had been in jail for murder over a drug deal and that one of his daughters had committed suicide in the house that we were looking at.  When Carla got off the phone and told us I was shocked that the guy was out of jail and wanted nothing to do with the house. The guy then got on his cell phone and started talking to someone about us and how he was going to get his shotgun if we didn't leave. Carla told us to get in our cars immediately and meet her at her office. She called the realtor again and the lady and she listed it as "don't show" for other realtors to know not to go there.  

I never knew the Burley crime rate was so high. 

2 comments:

Megan Hollenback said...

cute pics bria! and that is such a funny FREAKY story! make sure to not live anywhere near that psycho, hahaha.

Richard & Analeis said...

Bria, what is it about you that attract wacko-old men killers all the time? Sorry to hear about the house hunt. Let it continue. But, maybe house hunt in Utah instead? There are no criminals of any kind here in Salt Lake. ;)