9.11.2009

Remembering 9/11/2001

Because of September  11, 2001 the world has changed. Every person affected in some way or another. Whether emotionally physically. Doesn’t matter, it touched you. Because of September  11, 2001 America became one again in faith, hope and unity. I have changed. My eyes have been opened and I have gained a better understanding , love and appreciation for life a little more every day.  I realize how blessed we truly are to live in this country, to feel the freedoms we have and to practice religion as we please.
Because of September  11, 2001 people opened their hearts to religion and to God. A feeling of unity came over Americans and blessings were realized by all. Because of September  11, 2001 people lost loved ones. Mothers, fathers, children, grandparents and friends, but with that came humility and a love for others and all Americans. My life has changed for the better. Because of September  11, 2001 I want to be a Red Cross volunteer. I want to help people who can’t help themselves. Because of September  11, 2001 I am a stronger person. I will never forget how I felt when I first found out what had happened, when the towers fell, or when I visited Ground Zero four years later. The feelings I felt against the perpetrators were undeniably strong, but we have been taught forgiveness. And we must forgive all men. The feelings I feel for the victims warms my heart and can still fill my eyes with tears. 
God bless America