6.04.2009

happenings

Well this basically sums up our relationship. :) I promised i would take more pictures, which i've done ok with. we haven't really done much to capture the moment ya know? This is when we went bowling the other night before we saw Angels and Demons. Then the next night we saw Night at the Museum 2. Thanks to Jenica we only pay a dollar for each movie. I don't know why all of this is underlined...


My hub just looks so cute when he bowls! I beat him i think. 

Here are some things that jason and i enjoy cooking because they taste delicious! First of all it's Cafe Rio..Tastes just like if you were going to the actual restaurant...you have to try it! We loved the ranch but jason LOVED <3>the Sweet Pork!

Creamy Lime-Cilantro Dressing 
1 pack (1oz) Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix ignore directions on the packet 
1C mayo 
1/2 C milk 
1 lime 
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped 
1/2 C roughly chopped cilantro 
1/4 C green salsa* hot sauce 

This is tough folks. Place milk, mayo, and ranch mix in a blender. Juice the lime in there too, you should get about 2T juice. Toss in the garlic, cilantro and green salsa. Blend 'er up. Sample it and add hot sauce to taste. Make it several hours ahead of time to allow it to thicken.

And here is the Pork Recipe!

CafĂ© Rio Pork 
3 lb. pork roast 
16 oz. salsa 
1 can of Coca Cola 
2 cups brown sugar 
water 

Fill your crock pot with just the roast, and fill it half way with just the water. 
Cook on high for 5 hours. 
Take the pork out after the 5 hours, and drain the liquid down the drain. 
Cut the roast into 3 or 4 sections and place back into the crock pot. 
Puree the salsa in the blender and transfer to a bowl. 
Add the Coke and brown sugar and mix. 
Pour over the roast and cook on high for 3 more hours. 
Shred with a fork. 

My recommendations: 
You can add ½ pack of fajita seasoning, 1 can green chilies, and about 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning during the last hour of cooking.
Also, when it was done cooking, I drained out most of the liquid and reduced it in a saucepan so it was thicker. With my additions, it tasted AMAZING!

I was so nervous to make both of these cause i'm not much of a cooker. But they turned out quite tasty if you ask jason and i. Let me know how it goes when you guys try it!

8 comments:

kylie said...

i love mexican food and there are no good places on the island. bummer dude, you made my mouth water thanks a lot! haha sounds delicious.

Chad and Elizabeth said...

AWESOME!!! We are in California for the summer and I SOOO miss Cafe Rio! I can't wait to try this tomorrow night and see how wonderful it is! Thanks for posting!

Lindsay Rondo said...

I've tried both of those recipes and I love them! They were so good!
Your hair looks beautiful and tell Jenica I love her and miss her. Way to go on beating your husband at bowling! That's about the only sport I can beat my husband in.
And the underline thing... ya that happens to me sometimes and I have no idea why it does
Love and miss you two!

Chelsey said...

I second Lindsay's comment on your hair, long blonde and gorgeous! I can't wait to get back to Rexburg and do fun things like bowl with you, your hubs, and Jenica! Awww it will be our last horrah semester before you three graduate and leave me in the cold of Rexburg. I MISS YOU GUYS!

Jenica said...

I love and miss all you girls! Can't wait till you get back!

mb said...

Bria!!! You look so cute and happy!!! I will be checkin in on you guys!

Megan Hollenback said...

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE! and thanks for the recipes :)

kylie said...

hey girl, to do that photo thing you have to have a SLR camera and leave the shutter open and have a light.