On Wednesday the 29th we got engaged! In the early afternoon Jason asked if he could make me dinner. I accepted and he said he would pick me up at 6:30. Jenica and my roommates were telling me that it was possible that he could propose but I wouldn't agree. Even though I hoped. I didn't want to get my hopes up though. I couldn't help it. When he picked me up and we went back to his place, right when we walked in the door I knew it was gonna happen. While eating and talking with all the lights of and a candle light dinner with music playing I thought to myself, "If he doesn't propose after this, oh man..." It was totally leading me on.
After dinner he told me to stay seated as he went to his room, came back out turned on a playlist, entitled "the butterflies are multiplying," of our favorite songs on his computer, and then turned on a video camera. I laughed as always as he asked me to dance. We danced to one of our favorite songs Josh Gracin "Brass Bed." While dancing I was thinking, "oh man this is really happening. How am I supposed to react when I know its coming." He was so nervous. It was cute. Near the end of the song he pulled "IT" out of his pocket. When the song ended he turned on some blacklights and on the wall, and it said, "Will you marry me???" painted with laundry detergent. He got on one knee and asked me. I grabbed the ring! I was so mad at myself after. I started putting it on my own finger. I got it half way on and then took it off and laughed and told him that he should probably do that part! He was shaking so bad when he put it on. Then we danced again. It was awesome! I love the ring...and him! We're getting married on January 2, 2009.
I'm down in Utah this weekend without him. Spencer my brother is leaving on his mission next Wednesday so I came to say bye.
1 comment:
I had to look up the Brass Bed song on Pandora before I could finish reading your post, I had to feel like a part of the scene! Your reaction... priceless. I can't wait to tell your kids.
Post a Comment