11.17.2012

First Big Boo-Boo

Keep telling myself I'm a good mom. I'm a good mom... after I watched Paxton(from the hallway) last night pull himself up to a stand with the bathroom drawers thinking, "He could fall at any minute but he'll be ok. He always is." Not even 2 seconds later he falls and hits his poor little forehead on the corner. Luckily we have a wayne's coating in the bathroom and so the corner was a little more padded then a sharp edge, or else stitches on his face might have been the only option. I don't even want to think about that. It was instant bruise and bubble.

This was right before our family date night that I have been waiting all week for. Literally.  Twin Falls, Cafe Rio, and Home Depot. It's ok that our date nights are always to stores to get stuff for the house. Jason is gone a lot so I love every minute, especially Sundays when we have family time all day and nothing to do with the house. Pax was a good sport (after some perfect cuddling and hugs) and actually slept like he normally does. (I was expecting a long night). Thank you medicine. And this morning its not so odd shaped, but still bruised and still quite the bump.

Maybe next time I'll listen to that little voice in my head that something could go south. Crawling and climbing can be a doozy. 

No comments: