10.15.2011

Awkward alone moments?

Has anyone ever sang really loud in the car when they are all alone and realize you hit a note horribly wrong? Did you actually genuinely feel embarrassed for yourself? I've had plenty of moments like that in my car.

So the other night Jason wasn't home and I've been reading a lot about pregnancy and now that baby boy starts to hear my voice the book was saying that its good to start reading, talking, or singing to baby boy and start a connection between the two of you. I thought "that would be so weird to just talk to your belly," but nonetheless, I decided to give it a try the other night by my self. I was sitting in bed reading and thought to myself, "Maybe I should try it right now. No one is home. How weird could it be? Right?" So I sat and stared at my belly...Baby boy was moving all over the place...and I was enjoying the moment of feeling him and watching my stomach jolt out with his kicks. So I thought...here i go. I put both hands on my belly and whispered..."We're so excited for you to come." Instantly I realized that the situation could not get any more awkward. I thought, "oh my heavens, what if Jason had heard that?" Yeah, not gonna happen for a long time now. It was all too weird.
Jason and I went out to dinner last night and I told him about my genuinely awkward conversation with baby boy and he seriously laughed and wished he could have had that on film.

I was genuinely a little embarrassed that I had confessed to talking to baby. These moments (which I don't know if I will have anymore of them) will now remain between me and baby.

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

I would talk and sing to Caiden all the time! Miles would read the scriptures to him at night. I sang "I Am a Child of God" to him every day and now when he's crying I sing it to him and he calms right down. Don't be embarrassed!