3.16.2011

Older and wiser once more

In February we celebrated my 24th birthday. I think this was the first year I wasn't too excited to be a year older. For once I thought of my parents, and how when I get a year older, so do they. I didn't like that thought. Needles to say I did enjoy my birthday. Jase always makes it special for me. My parents came up the week before my birthday and took me shopping and knowing my dad bought us this:
Only because he doesn't want to think about all the gross bums that have been on our toilet before we moved here. Sorry for the mental image, but its the truth, even if I do clean it. The thought can never be cleaned away.
I love it when my parents keep me company for the day when Jase has to work on a Saturday and I don't.

We both had Presidents day off (day before my day of birth) So we got to spend the whole day together in Twin. Sooo...since I have hated our green counter tops since they put them in in 1975, we bought tile and did our counters and we love them. Much classier.


Jason got me the one gift I had been dying over. An external hard drive for my computer. I have over 10,000 pictures on my computer and I told him that I have a feeling someday soon that my comp was going to self destruct and I would lose everything. If that seriously would have happened, I said I would have had a great depression in my mind and a huge meltdown. So I was grateful Jase was so understanding about how important my memories are.

I hope this doesn't sound like a bragging blog, my wonderful gifts were all practical and had a purpose.

For the past month I have craved a bike ride with Jase. Due to the beautiful weather last week, my craving grew deeper. We only have one bike. I think its his older sisters old one. So I decided that I needed one. This is seriously my only form of exercise. So with my birthday money from my wonderful in-laws we went to theWal-Mart down the road and got me a little cruiser. Isn't it so shiny and pretty. I took a few bike rides over the weekend and due to the crummy weather this time, I have not been on since Saturday. But I'm in love. My cutie hubs came on the ride with me.


On another note,

Jason was released for Elders Quorum a few weeks ago and put in the Young Men's. I am so excited that we get to work together now. Should be fun. And one of my counselor's husband is Jason's counselor. So we are super excited!

No comments: